Alter Teichweg and the Osterbekkanal in Hamburg-Nord

 

 Hamburg is a city-state, and when I first arrived in Hamburg I stayed in a hotel in the center of Wansbek, then for a couple months I was living on the Westside in Altona.  I like Altona, it’s hip and thriving, close to the harbor and downtown.  But in recent months I’ve returned to Wansbek, which is both a city and county within Hamburg, and one of the districts in the County of Wansbek is Dulsberg, where I live.  Just a few blocks away is the Osterbekkanal, a canal that runs alongside Alter Teichweg, one of the main streets in Dulsberg.  

A hundred years ago Alter Teichweg and the Osterbekkanal were part of an industrial area for the maritime and shipping industry, but now only one industrial site remains – Max Rentsch – and the remainder is residential mixed-use, with restaurants, specialty shopping and a few schools.  Today, as the sun was setting, I made a few videos and pics of a somewhat hidden section of Alter Teichweg that I really like.